< Back to results
Food & Drink Recipes
Food Nation Super Salad
2 tablespoons of cous-cous
½ head of broccoli (including stalks)
120g peas, defrosted
½ cucumber, seeds removed and cut into small chunks
100g Feta Cheese, roughly crumbled
1 tablespoon of sesame seeds
1 tablespoon of sunflower seeds
1 avocado, stone removed and chunk into slices
1 punnet of cress
A handful of either mint, parlsey or basil, roughly chopped
Juice of ½ lemon
1 ½ dessertspoons of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
A pinch of salt, black pepper (and some optional Sumac)
• Put your cous-cous in a mixing bowl and just cover it with boiling water, cover the bowl with cling film and set aside.
• Break your broccoli up into florets and chop the stalks up into small chunks.
• Put around 4cm of boiling water into a saucepan, add your broccoli and put the lid on straight away. Leave for around 3 minutes, then drain off the water and put into a bowl of cold water. This will stop the cooking process and make sure that your broccoli stays nice and green.
• Make sure that you have prepared the rest of your ingredients as described in the ingredient list.
• Take a look at your cous-cous. If it has swollen up and absorbed all the water you just need to add a dash of Extra Virgin Olive Oil , a pinch of salt and pepper and to fluff it up with a fork.
• Add all your ingredients together and gently mix with your hands, a good way to do this is to build it up on a large plate.
Serve your salad with a squeeze of lemon juice, a drizzle of olive oil and a sprinkle of salt, pepper and Sumac